Funeral Books & Beyond Privacy Notice
At Funeral Books and Beyond, we understand your concerns about online security and privacy. We seek to ensure that your personal and payment information is secure and your privacy is respected. We hope this policy statement provides you with answers to the questions you may have about our privacy and security policies. If you have further questions, please contact us by email [email protected].
By visiting Funeral Books & Beyond, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information Does Funeral Books & Beyond collect?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Funeral Books & Beyond. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your inquiries, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Funeral Books & Beyond.
- E-mail Communications: If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences in your Profile.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Does Funeral Books & Beyond Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information as described below and with subsidiaries Funeral Books & Beyond, LLC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Funeral Books & Beyond and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights and property of Funeral Books & Beyond, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
When choosing to create an account, Funeral Books & Beyond gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Funeral Books & Beyond for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. If creating a guest order, you will only be able to view your information during that browser session. In either case, we will send emails to the address you provide with order status/confirmation.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Funeral Books & Beyond website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New Mexico. If you have any concern about privacy at Funeral Books & Beyond, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.